We build our solutions by combining Ovitas applications with industry leading technology into agile platforms that match our clients’ requirements.
Ovitas CMS Solution Applications include:
- Ovitas CMS – The XML-based, core component content management system provides a scalable repository for any and all content.
- Ovitas Workflow Portal – OWP is the independent Workflow application that communicates with all other Ovitas CMS components and provides interactive and automated process management.
- OvitaS Publishing Bridge – OPB provides workflow driven content aggregation, transformation, packaging, and multi-channel distribution.
- Ovitas Portal Framework – OPF is a pluggable framework for the creation and promotion of information and knowledge portals. Toolkit for implementing Information Portals.
- Ovitas TMS Connector – The Translation Management System (TMS) connector provides an integration capability for delivery and retrieval of content from the Ovitas CMS to selected TMS vendor solutions.
Component Content Management is the most effective means of managing product information, The evolution of XML, and current modern XML data models such as the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) has served to strengthen the argument for creating and managing content in granular and reusable units.
Major benefits, and associated return of the investment of a component content management (CCMS)solution include:
- Write once, use many – One piece of content may be written and approved, or updated, and included in any number of document instances. By establishing a single source of truth, companies gain accuracy, efficiency, and the minimizing of potential error introduced by copy/paste and other manual methods of creating documents.
- Versioning, History, Audit Trails – A component content management system (CCMS) can track changes, keep historical versions, and provide audit trails at a much more dynamic level than a simple document management system. Companies can insure compliance and quality assurance even with a broad spectrum of products and data sets.
- Granular Content and Metadata – Authoring content at a granular level such as a Topic, allows subject matter experts to concentrate on the technical information, and with a CCMS, allows multiple contributors to create and revise content within a document simultaneously, removing costly serial processes from the information production process. Adding Metadata to the XML granular content facilitates the reuse of that content in multiple instances, and gives organizations significant return by allowing automation for document updates and delivery. The only way to manage these processes is by implementing Ovitas CMS.
- Content Localization – Huge gains in time and cost have been realized by organizations who require content to be translated for local markets. By using a CCMS to package granular content as opposed to entire documents, cost of translation and speed of project completion has saved millions of dollars, and dramatically reduces product time to market.
- Personalization – A major goal of most companies it to provide the right information at the right time, ultimately giving customers the ability to personalize their experience with technical documentation, with the additional potential to communicate feedback to product experts. Ovitas CMS provides the platform.
Translation Management Module
Establish relationships with baseline and localized versions of content at an economical and granular level. Package and deliver content for translation, along with contextual information and media. The Translation Management Module is designed to send and receive content packages, and maintain dynamic relationships to understand what has changed and what has stayed the same.
Medas Metadata Management
Go beyond traditional CMS metadata models. Create Taxonomies and content relationships through managed data models.
Ovitas Workflow Portal
Available by browser and integrated with the Ovitas CMS user interface, the Ovitas Workflow Portal (OWP) is a workflow, editorial and production process enterprise service that frees organizations to manage interactive and automated processes that may communicate with multiple content or data silos. OWP is part of the Ovitas Services Tier, and works independently with Ovitas CMS or other component content management solutions.
OWP provides a natural integration platform for the content lifecycle management solutions in an enterprise’s IT environment. It offers component services to automate and manage workflow process instances, event management, and system and composite application integration.
Ovitas Publishing Bridge – Workflows & Dynamic Multi-Channel Component Publishing
The workflow driven Ovitas Publishing Bridge (OPB) is designed to gather content from multiple data silos, manage packaging and transformation of the aggregated content for delivery to multi-channel audiences on multiple platforms, and is a major component of the Ovitas Solution Suite. Like the Ovitas Workflow Portal, the Publishing Bridge is part of the Ovitas Services Tier and may work with or independently from the Ovitas CMS.
Ovitas Portal Framework
Information Portals are dynamic, context-aware applications that deliver extremely relevant information to targeted audiences. The Ovitas Portal Framework provides a platform to assemble all forms and types of content and present them in the way that is most useful to the content consumer. These portals are bi-directional communication channels that create a dialog with the users and feedback to the content provider.
Ovitas TMS Connector
Ovitas CMS workflow driven solutions manage the creation, approval, and packaging of content for localization. Now those packages will be delivered automatically to Translation Management Systems (TMS), creating a round trip translation process. Managers may have access to both solutions to oversee projects in flexible and cost efficient methods. Once localized, content is re-imported into Ovitas, where relationships, versions, and audit trails are managed. The result is multi-lingual content ready for production.
You control you translation vendor relationship and gain flexibility to choose more than one.
Translation Management Systems (TMS), both on premises and in the Cloud, are an integral part of the information production and management process for organizations with a global audience.
Ovitas employs Waterfall and Agile development methodologies, embracing open architecture and standards. Agile software development refers to a group of software development methodologies based on iterative development, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between cross-functional teams.
Ovitas works with technologies that are built on robust, scaleable and secure standards. This adherence to industry standards such as Java and .NET eases integration of our content solution with existing business applications such as ERP, CRM, and Enterprise data repositories and systems.
We are experts in the application of XML for documents and data, ensuring content and data interchange across applications. XML Standards include:
- DITA (Darwin Information Typing Architecture)
- XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language)
- XML Custom configurations
Ovitas has developed deep knowledge and implementation practices around a selection of Enterprise Technologies to address our customers’ Enterprise Lifecycle Content Management needs.