Ovitas delivers a complete DITA XML-based content lifecycle management solution for Multi-Channel publishing.
Any content type is supported.
Ovitas CMS keeps all documents and graphics secure and under control – even with strict compliance requirements and globally distributed contributors.
With DITA XML, content components may be easily assembled in the repository and that content can be shared, reused and delivered to multiple targets in multiple languages, reducing costs and increasing accuracy and quality.
Ovitas CMS seamlessly manages document components, entire files, and structured XML source data at varying levels of granularity from individual objects to entire collections of content. Some of the key benefits include:
- Reduction in time required to create documents and variants for different media
- Elimination of redundant authoring, reducing costs and staff levels to produce content
- Improvement in quality and consistency across product lines
- Promotion of collaboration and efficient production processes
OvitaS CMS offers complete document management functionality and enables modular authoring and sophisticated object linking.
- Library functions including check in and check out and version control of all objects
- Integrates with popular editing tools, including Oxygen XML authoring tools, PTC Arbortext, Just Systems XMetaL and XMax, and Microsoft Office 365
- Embedded workflow for automated review and approval.
- Automated document assembly from content components using XML or Word
- Supports Oracle and runs on UNIX, Linux, and Windows servers and browser clients
Why DITA XML content management?
Why not simply continue to deliver documents in the same way? Ask yourself the following questions to determine if you can achieve a reduction in costs and increase in quality with an Ovitas CMS Content Lifecycle Solution.
- Is identical content often used in multiple documents? Is there a need to keep track of where content is used?
- Does content have to be delivered in many formats – Web, Print, Apps, Portals?
- Does content need to match the skill level of the consumer – Expert, Novice, internal vs. customer?
Ovitas and its customers are engaged in re-architecting information development environments. They are using DITA XML to define content components that can be re-used across multiple delivery targets.